“Do the best you can with what you know and when you know better, do better.” —Rhonda Miga

Good morning! This inspiration comes from Rhonda Miga,who was a reader for several years before becoming part of the motivational team behind my online community. Rhonda wrote:I attended a workshop for parents of children with special needs and discovered this quote. I find I often say it to myself: some days I am hard on myself because I do not feel I am doing all I can for my son who has autism, or I question my parenting skills for my daughter, or a countless number of other situations where I question myself.However, when I think of this quote, it helps me to realize every day is a learning opportunity. I am not expected to KNOW how to do everything right, but the situations I experience each day help me to “know better, and therefore, do better.”When I have a moment where I belittle myself for not doing better, I say this quote to myself and realize that I just had a learning experience that will enable me to do better tomorrow.By the way: I just ordered new checks and they had a place to put a favorite quote. I was limited to a certain number of letters, so the quote I added to my checks is: Something great WILL happen today!

Today, follow Rhonda’s advice: When you have a moment where you belittle yourself for not doing better, say this quote to yourself and realize that you just had a learning experience that will enable you to do better tomorrow.

I do not make mistakes; I just have different types of learning experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment