“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”

 I stumbled across this quote on the Internet while reading a graduation speech from a college I have never
heard of. I thought it was interesting advice. How often do we catch ourselves censoring what we might say, or trying to suppress or change how we feel because we are worried about how someone might respond? When we do this long enough, we begin to lose our connection with our self.To live an authentic life and be true to our journey, we have to be able to express and share how we feel.
We have to be able to be the real “us.”

Do you fi nd yourself trying to change your actions or words to
please others? Remember that each of us is unique and one
of the greatest gifts we can give in life is being true to who
we are.

I appreciate my uniqueness and express it openly and
thoughtfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment